Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Blood Elves: New Horde Race
The Blood Elves are the remnants of the High Elves who survived the destruction of Quel'Thalas by the Undead Scourge. They renamed themselves in remembrance of their slaughtered brethren. At first they remained loyal to the human forces in Lordaeron and their racist human commander, Grand Marshal Garithos, but it became increasingly clear that they were no longer welcome in the Alliance.
* They join the Horde alongside the Orcs, Trolls, Undead and Tauren.
* Their racial traits center on their addiction to magic and result in increased resistance from magic used against them. Blood elves can drain mana from their enemies and prevent others from using magic by using a racial silence ability.
* Their starting zone is Sunstrider Isle, located in Eversong Woods in Quel'Thalas.
* Classes available to Blood Elves are: Priest, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, and Paladin. It was announced that the Blood Elves would be the only race not to have warriors to keep the number of playable classes fair compared to other races. With the exception of the rogue, all of the available classes use mana to symbolize their racial addiction to magic.
* The Blood Elf mount is the Hawkstrider. 
* The voice of the male blood elf is provided by Cam Clarke.
(this post courtesy of Wikipedia)
Posted by Editor at 10:15 PM