Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Dranei: New Alliance Race
The Eredar of Argus were an extremely intelligent race that attracted the attention of Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds, with their vast accomplishments. Sargeras approached the leaders of the Eredar, Velen, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde, and offered untold power and knowledge in exchange for the loyalty of the Eredar race. While Kil'jaeden and Archimonde agreed to pledge their loyalty to Sargeras, Velen saw a vision of the future, in which the Eredar were transformed into demons by Sargeras.
Velen and the as yet uncorrupted Eredar fled Argus and named themselves Draenei, or "exiled ones." Aided by the Naaru, enigmatic beings that blessed the Draenei with light-given knowledge and power, they settled on a peaceful world which they named Draenor, meaning "Exile's Refuge" in the Eredun tongue.
The surviving and uncorrupted Draenei fled to relative safety in their interdimensional ship, the Exodar. They crash-landed on the Azuremyst Isles of Azeroth, and pledged their support to the Alliance to fight the Burning Legion and the Orcs. Their capital city is named after their ship that crash-landed in Azeroth, and is built out of the largest husk of the remains of the ship.
* They join the Alliance along with Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and Night Elves.
* The male Draenei dance is from the Tunak Tunak Tun music video, by Daler Mehndi.
* Their starting zone is located in the Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles which are off the western coast of Kalimdor.
* The following are available classes for Draenei: Warrior, Priest, Paladin, Mage, Shaman, and Hunter.
* The Draenei mount is the Elekk, an elephant-like creature. 
(this post courtesy of Wikipedia)
Posted by Editor at 10:16 PM